"For I know the plan I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
The short version of the preschool drama...
I just wanted to take a few minutes to clue those of you in that I do not talk to on a daily basis about the preschool drama around here.. As you all know Thomas has CD, we found out last May just after school got out so this is our 1st time having to deal with school/church ect..Because I would go to the ends of the earth to help another family with an allergy issue I thought that we would receive the same response from the parents/teacher/director at Thomas' school. There had been a few bumps in the road between the director and myself but nothing too big until Thanksgiving when being the room mom I was trying to sort out what everyone was bringing to the party. I was met with a lot of resistance from the other moms and later received a call from the director complaing about me trying to make the whole party gluten free. We chatted, I was confused and then called the other moms to try to clear the air and sort out what was going on. The other moms were terribly rude and said things to me like " I have an 11 year old, have never accommodated for a child with allergies and will not start now." and "You mean to tell me, if your child were in a wheelchair would you expect my child to sit on the floor all day and not use his legs!" Spoke to the director, she was just about as rude, removed Thomas from school the Monday before Thanksgiving, spoke to the board last Wes night and he has not been back. We are awaiting a response from them on whether or not they will be supportive in us keeping Thomas healthy at school. Under the Americans with disabilities act they have to make responsible modifications to their policy's and procedures etc ect, which they have not done. We have looked at a ton of other schools and are just really praying about what our next step will be, returning to Westminster, finding another school, keeping him home at least for the rest of this year.. Thank you for your prayers and calls of concern. Hopefully we will have some resolution soon! Honestly though, I have really enjoyed having him home..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Blog List
The Gotbeters
Thomas & West
Blog Archive
- November (4)
- October (1)
- September (1)
- August (1)
- July (1)
- June (6)
- May (8)
- April (1)
- March (6)
- February (2)
- January (1)
- December (11)
- November (7)
- October (4)
- September (4)
- August (4)
- July (3)
- June (3)
- May (5)
- April (1)
- March (2)
- February (5)
- January (3)
- December (8)
- November (9)
- October (6)
- September (9)
- August (5)
- July (3)
- June (11)
- May (6)
- April (10)
- March (4)
- February (9)
- January (6)
- December (16)
- November (14)
- October (19)
- September (7)
- August (3)
- July (7)
- June (5)
- May (11)
- April (3)
- March (6)
- February (2)
- January (8)
- December (17)
- November (16)
- October (16)
- September (9)
- August (5)
- July (8)
- June (3)
- May (9)
- April (4)
- March (3)
- February (6)
- January (10)
- December (12)
- November (5)
- October (16)
- September (30)
- August (34)
- July (53)
- June (41)
- May (25)
- April (9)
- March (21)
- February (35)
- January (37)
- December (44)
- November (28)
- October (19)
- September (9)
About Me
- The Gotbeters
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Welcome to our new blog. Our Adoption blog! We feel so blessed that you would take this journey with us. Although the mountain of paperwork and fees seem so large we are proclaiming that our God is more than able and trusting him through this whole process! We covet your prayers and appreciate your support!






2 comments:
Ugh. Brittan, I am so so sorry. As a teacher it makes me so sad when kids are singled out and when adults seem to get in the way (not you)! You, as a mommy, are his protector and are doing so. As adults we all need to remember that the KIDS matter, period. I so hope eyes will be opened and that you all will have some peace about his schooling.
so glad for an update. was thinking about you yesterday. The comment on the rainbow blog was precious.I know what you mean about enjoying having him home. It is so wonderful..I treasure my Mondays and Fridays home with them!
Post a Comment