Saturday, September 13, 2008

WBC 2008 James Island County Park

Today we had our World Breastfeeding Celebration out at James Island County Park. We had a great day, although a little wet, hot and muggy. Our local LLL does one big fundraiser a year and this is it. We had a potluck lunch, a silent auction, bake sale,jump castle, Gymboree came out to play with the kids, and the spray play was open. I felt so much love today while we there and just wanted to share a few examples. As I was driving over I thought, "Ah, I should have had West wear pants!" being in the screened in porch area and outside all day is a bad combo for a crawler and his knees..Once we got there one of Mandy's little girls shed her "baby legs" ( look them up if you aren't sure what they are.) for Westy, they worked out GREAT! He was one happy crawler all day as I pulled rocks, grass, food etc out of his mouth!
Then my precious friend Heidi Minchew made Thomas some Gluten Free cupcakes and made sure that we saw them so that we could grab some before the crowd scooped them up, they were AMAZING! Thank you so much Heidi for making such a special treat for Thomas, that really meant so much. He was thrilled to be able to have a fun desert like the other children.
Lastly here is a video that we took of the boys tonight. West was cracking up at Thomas throwing this pillow around.. ( He was pretending it was a kite )
PS- No word on the other tests yet, thank you for your prayers and kind words, although I feel pretty overwhelmed mentally & emotionally right now with all of this your words and prayers have made a big difference. Bottom line, The Lord is still on his throne, he is still in control and he loves Thomas more than I will ever know. He has a plan and I trust its a good one..

No comments:


The Gotbeters

The Gotbeters

Thomas & West

Thomas & West

Blog Archive

About Me

Charleston, South Carolina
Welcome to our new blog. Our Adoption blog! We feel so blessed that you would take this journey with us. Although the mountain of paperwork and fees seem so large we are proclaiming that our God is more than able and trusting him through this whole process! We covet your prayers and appreciate your support!