Friday, September 12, 2008

Thomas

I have had a feeling ever since Thomas threw that high sugar in his urine three months ago before he was diagnosed with Celiac Disease that something just wasn't quit right...He has just seemed off and I really felt like the Holy Spirit was prompting me to follow up on it. Long story short I took some urine in on Monday to have it tested to see if there was more sugar. The rest of the week went like this;
Monday 3+protein PH was off
Tues 1+protein PH still off
Wes normal
Thursday PH at 9
Friday PH at 9
We have also been testing his blood sugars at home and yesterday he threw a 150 and a 170...
Back in today to talk about all of this and see where to go from here. Dr. Hutton did a blood draw and another urine in the office and sent it out stat. So far what we have back and what I understand of it is the following.
There was diabetes testing along with testing for something called RTA, renal tubular acidosis. Diabetes testing is not back yet but the RTA is. It "appears" to be RTA but not a typical form of RTA. There is nothing in his blood which would have indicated a crisis but his urine was really off. The did what is called a spot CO2 test, normal is 24 and Thomas was 72! Our Dr is stumped and was wondering if some of his gluten free items may have a lot of bicarbonate in them to make him throw a high number like that. Nothing that we can find so far? On Monday we will get the referral to the Nephroligist and go from there.
Please just pray that the Lord's hand prints would be all over Thomas, we are so thankful that he appears healthy and happy. But of course no one wants anything to be wrong with their child.
Hopefully we will get the other test back this weekend as well. Please pray for Thomas:)

4 comments:

Jennie said...

will be praying praying praying...and for the best drs to look at the results...God is still good. :)

Heather Plis said...

Oh wow, I'm so sorry. I will be praying for Thomas and that the Lord will lead the doctors to an answer, plus peace and comfort for you. I'm so glad that you felt the Holy Spirits prompting to follow up with Thomas. God sure did give mother's a special instinct.

Lindsay said...

Brittan- so sorry you have to go through this testing and waiting period. I know your faith will be stregthened through it. I hope you can find time to get away and let yourself be rejuvenated through the word and being in his presence which brings true peace in times of uncertainty like this. We will be praying for you. Please keep us updated! love to you..

Robinson Family said...

Praying for wisdom and direction. Good job listening to your mommy gut. Blessings on sweet little Thomas.


The Gotbeters

The Gotbeters

Thomas & West

Thomas & West

Blog Archive

About Me

Charleston, South Carolina
Welcome to our new blog. Our Adoption blog! We feel so blessed that you would take this journey with us. Although the mountain of paperwork and fees seem so large we are proclaiming that our God is more than able and trusting him through this whole process! We covet your prayers and appreciate your support!