Sunday, February 20, 2011

Goodbyes, first, and a weekend project!







Goodbyes are hard, we were strong today but my voice cracked as I gave one last hug. Our dear dear friends the Chalks are moving to Ireland on Wednesday. Martin and Sarah have been a huge part of our lives over the years. I started out as their nanny, he sang at our wedding, we've had countless wonderful memories with them etc. We love them so and will now become international travelers as we hope to see them next year in Ireland!
If you know me you know that I am not a fan of baby food, I don't think it's necessary etc. Hartley has had a super fussy weekend. Out of desperation I gave her some smashed bananas tonight. Just pealed it open and smashed it up and gave it to her. She was indifferent about it and it reassured me that she is not ready. Sometimes I just think maybe she'd sit longer in her seat if she was nibbling on something. Over all shes a lot better but I am hoping even more positive changes come in the next month when she should be able to sit independently, manage her hands better etc.
We love a good project around here. Not that we don't have enough going on already, but I got a wild hair to paint our shed this weekend, AND install some cute window boxes to make it look more "homey". I should clarify that I only painted about a stroke and half and my sweet husband did the rest. I did plant the flowers though! It's hard to help to much with Hartley right now. The boys are at a wonderful age for spending all day outside but Hartley not so much. Hopefully come this summer she'll be thrilled to be outside and in the water, I'm afraid she wont have much of a choice:(

1 comment:

Jennie said...

oh what a great picture!!


The Gotbeters

The Gotbeters

Thomas & West

Thomas & West

Blog Archive

About Me

Charleston, South Carolina
Welcome to our new blog. Our Adoption blog! We feel so blessed that you would take this journey with us. Although the mountain of paperwork and fees seem so large we are proclaiming that our God is more than able and trusting him through this whole process! We covet your prayers and appreciate your support!