Thursday, July 10, 2008

Soaking it in..

Do you ever soak it in? All of it, every breath...

Tonight as I was putting West to sleep he finished nursing and I was rocking him. His head was on my shoulder and I was humming "Give me Jesus" to him. I could feel his face against mine, I could feel his smooth skin up against my cheek, I could feel him blink, butterfly kisses I think they are called..I could smell his hair, hear him breath, feel his warm body, his body was becoming more limp and heavy as he was falling asleep...oh I was trying to soak it all in...

As I lay down with Thomas tonight I realized that his legs extend down to my knees now when he lays next to me..I could hear him swallow and smack his lips a little trying to settle in..I stroked his hair off to the side and felt his warm face and even sweaty hair from running around just minutes before..I could smell his shampoo, I kissed his head, all the while praising the Lord for giving me these moments every day with Thomas and West and asking him to remind me to soak it in everyday...

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

oh yes...those are beautiful words, Brittan, and beautiful moments I too treasure daily..


The Gotbeters

The Gotbeters

Thomas & West

Thomas & West

Blog Archive

About Me

Charleston, South Carolina
Welcome to our new blog. Our Adoption blog! We feel so blessed that you would take this journey with us. Although the mountain of paperwork and fees seem so large we are proclaiming that our God is more than able and trusting him through this whole process! We covet your prayers and appreciate your support!