Monday, July 21, 2008

I receive a quiet time devotional through my email daily. This really spoke to me. I hope it blesses you also!



This story was a great comfort to me today as I pondered the “Egypts” in my life. I thought of the times when God asked me to trust Him and obey—even when what He was asking sounded crazy. I thought of how He knows the future and provides our needs ahead of time. I thought of how He can soften hearts as He did with the Egyptians and how I can trust every situation to Him. He sees the big picture, when all I see is what is right in front of me. I need to rely on Him when the future looks scary. I need to say “yes” to whatever He asks of me, instead of arguing based on my limited view. I can only have a big picture of life when I see it through His eyes. That truth continues to bring me peace—even in the midst of this crazy, mixed-up world. I hope that it will bring you peace and hope today in whatever you may be facing in life.



Dear Lord, help me to rely on You, and not on what is in front of me. Help me to trust in the outcome simply because I know it is in Your very capable hands. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

2 comments:

Robinson Family said...

I get the same devotional Brittan and this so spoke to me as well! Especially the part of God softening the hearts of the Egyptians. Thanks for adding that to your blog!

Jennie said...

I so needed to hear that!!


The Gotbeters

The Gotbeters

Thomas & West

Thomas & West

Blog Archive

About Me

Charleston, South Carolina
Welcome to our new blog. Our Adoption blog! We feel so blessed that you would take this journey with us. Although the mountain of paperwork and fees seem so large we are proclaiming that our God is more than able and trusting him through this whole process! We covet your prayers and appreciate your support!