Ok I was really slack this year, did not even buy Tommy a card, I think we make one tomorrow. ( Thanks Jodie! ) Tommy really has his heart set on something that kinda needs to be a Father's day- Christmas- bday kinda gift so I did not want to get him something that he does not want and really the card just gets thrown away. He is a wonderful father and I am so thankful for him! We went to church tonight and Thomas made this in the nursery. It made Tommy cry.. It reads;
"My Little Hands"
God gave me these hands so small,
To hug my daddy, big and tall,
God gave me these hands so sweet,
For daddy to hold down the street.
God gave little hands to me,
to wrap around my daddy's knee,
One way to show my dad I care,
is to fold my hands and say a prayer.
I say "God, please bless my dad,
cause he's the best a kid could have!"
Happy Father's day honey, we love you!






3 comments:
What a sweet poem. I can see how it would have made him cry! Happy Father's Day, Tommy!! You have TWO big reasons to celebrate this year!! :)
made me cry!
OK, that's just adorable! Anything with their little hands is always a hit in my book.
And sorry again about missing our pool date! Thanks for being so understanding. We'll catch ya on Thursday!
Post a Comment