Tuesday, May 27, 2008

.....

I feel like I come to you all so often for prayers for the boys. I tell ya, these children will bring you to your knees pretty quick..just where God wants us. Today we left home to head down to a Piccolo Spoleto event, when we got there I took Thomas out of his car seat and he was really hot. We were already there so we stayed. Afterwards we headed over to Dr. Hutton just to have a good once over and make sure that his ears where not infected of something like that. She said he looked great but she wanted to check his urine to be sure that he did not have a uti. They called later and said that he had abnormal levels of sugar in his urine. They wanted us to come back in but bc we don't live near there we will have to wait until tomorrow am- The nurse said Dr. Hutton was really shocked as that what she did not expect to find, blood maybe but not sugar. Sugar "could" mean type 1 diabetes. I did run him over to Kristen's and she did a finger stick, he was 129 just after eating. She said they would like to see him below 125 so he was not that high on that end of things. We will have him fast tomorrow and let them test him that way. He has always been a huge drinker and hence a huge wetter so I have never questioned that but of course now I am questioning everything with just the possibility of Diabetes. Thomas is perfect, we could have never have ask for more, please pray that this is some fluke and that his tests tomorrow will be totally normal. Other than a fever, he is happy and running all around. My good friend Jennie just reminded me to not let Satan rob me of my peace tonight. We are believing and trusting the Lord for his best for Thomas. Please join us as we praise the Lord or his goodness, all the time! I will update tomorrow-

3 comments:

Robinson Family said...

We'll be praying for you all tonight. Jennie is right. Remember, God created Thomas. He knows his ins and outs. And no matter WHAT the outcome is, it will be fine. Great job listening to your mommy radar!

The Chef said...

Before we traveled to bring Nicholas home and we were so uncertain about his health, my mom and I had a conversation that helped me remember that whatever the outcome, God would be with us and would sustain us and that He would give us the strength or whatever we may need if that type of challenge arose.

Praying for you also... :)

Jennie said...

God is good...no matter WHAT....praying praying praying!


The Gotbeters

The Gotbeters

Thomas & West

Thomas & West

Blog Archive

About Me

Charleston, South Carolina
Welcome to our new blog. Our Adoption blog! We feel so blessed that you would take this journey with us. Although the mountain of paperwork and fees seem so large we are proclaiming that our God is more than able and trusting him through this whole process! We covet your prayers and appreciate your support!