Monday, April 21, 2008

My mom said that Dad had been gone since Thurseday down to Edisto to get our boat all ready for us to come that weekend. She said he had called that am to say goodmoring and that he would see us that afternoon. AnnaBelle and I were at school when she got the call that would forever change our lives..19 years ago today my dad died of a massive heart attack on our family boat in Edisto SC. I was in the first grade and only rememeber little bits of what happen next so I ask my mom to re tell the story to me today on the phone..My mom calls West "little Ricky" and I just love it so much. West is Richard West named for my grandfather Richard West Sr. and my dad Richard West Jr. He does look like him and it reminds me everyday of my father. Mom always says " It sure is ashame Rick is not here to see you boys..."Oh how I wish he was..Its interesting these anniverasrys..you never really know how to feel..Happy that someone is in a better place, selfsish that you wish that they were here..sad that you miss them..It is an odd day really..Odd emtion wise that is..At different times today I prayed over the boys that God would bless them with long lives, to see their children, granchildren..to be that Grandfather that every child deserves..Someone to play ball with, someone to camp with, someone to pray with, that figure of stability that only a grandfather who loves the Lord can posses.. I rest today knowing that God's plan is so soverign..He works all things for good. Still though I can not imagine what he would think of these boys..my boys..

2 comments:

Jennie said...

He would be so proud of them...and you!

carriedavis said...

I thought I'd check your blog before I ran out the door...reading this totally wrecked my makeup. I know your Dad would be bursting with pride over what an amazing Mother you are, what Godly parents you and Tommy are, and what precious sweet boys you have.


The Gotbeters

The Gotbeters

Thomas & West

Thomas & West

Blog Archive

About Me

Charleston, South Carolina
Welcome to our new blog. Our Adoption blog! We feel so blessed that you would take this journey with us. Although the mountain of paperwork and fees seem so large we are proclaiming that our God is more than able and trusting him through this whole process! We covet your prayers and appreciate your support!