Thursday, December 13, 2007

sick baby....

Today I thought I should take West in bc he sounded a bit congested. I thought he was really ok, feeding very well, diapers good, but to be sure I took him in...Well, lesson #1 is to always listen to the Holy Spirit when he prompts you to do something. We were there a few minutes and then Sam comes in, exams West, listens and listens again, and again, keeps going back to the left side of his chest..I knew something wasn't right, I started to pray as minutes felt like an hour. He said " I hear some wheezing..." you have got to be kidding me, I thought. So out came the nebulizer, and an RSV nose swab test and a CBC finger prick. Poor little guy, he really had it rough, through it all I nursed him, cuddled him and prayed like crazy. All the while the devil reminding me about 2 people that we have heard of who have lost their precious babies to viruses at a young age... When Sam came back in he said that if the RSV came back positive he would admit West to the hospital..Of course the the tears came, was the Devil right...my heart was breaking, my poor sweet little West at only 4 weeks going through all of this...He was so sweet, trying to be as reassuring as he could but making sure that I knew I needed to have West in my sight all day, as a side effect of RSV and the main reason to be admitted was apnea...I came home and prayed all afternoon, had other prayer warriors praying etc...Finally got the call that it was a virus but not RSV.. Praise the Lord!!! He is still sick, and we have to go back to the Dr tomorrow, continue with breathing treatments throughout the night and cuddles and prayers for sure. I tell ya, your brain does some bad things when you think your child is really sick...Thank you Lord for keeping West in your loving arms today, please continue to heal his sweet little body...Amen

No comments:


The Gotbeters

The Gotbeters

Thomas & West

Thomas & West

Blog Archive

About Me

Charleston, South Carolina
Welcome to our new blog. Our Adoption blog! We feel so blessed that you would take this journey with us. Although the mountain of paperwork and fees seem so large we are proclaiming that our God is more than able and trusting him through this whole process! We covet your prayers and appreciate your support!