Sunday, December 16, 2007

No English but I knew her pain...

I wanted to write about a family that I watched while we were waiting to be seen on Friday night at the MUSC er- This family was Hispanic, there was the mom, the dad and a little boy who appeared to be about 5 maybe? They had been waiting a long time, poor little thing was just crying and crying, holding his ear..Even in Spanish, you can understand when someone is in pain, the moan and the cry is just the same. This little boy bc it probably was an ear infection kept getting pushed back bc other children were more critical than he ( Even though he did get sent back before West..). What moved me so much was that his mom and dad were holding him with such concern on their faces and his sweet mother just had tears streaming down her face, she was crying more than he was. Its hard to explain until you are a mother how watching your children in pain makes you hurt just as much as they do.. I never will forget watching her "mother" her child, holding him, loving him, just praying that someone would make the pain stop for him..We kept making eye contact and even though we did not speak the same language we connected on so many levels... I never will forget watching her..

No comments:


The Gotbeters

The Gotbeters

Thomas & West

Thomas & West

Blog Archive

About Me

Charleston, South Carolina
Welcome to our new blog. Our Adoption blog! We feel so blessed that you would take this journey with us. Although the mountain of paperwork and fees seem so large we are proclaiming that our God is more than able and trusting him through this whole process! We covet your prayers and appreciate your support!